ERIE, Pa. - The Penn State Behrend men's water polo team took down Washington & Jefferson in game one of the Mercyhurst Invite, 11-6 before falling to La Salle in game two, 16-12.
Penn State Behrend 11, Washington & Jefferson 6
La Salle 16, Penn State Behrend 12
* The Lions improved their record to 2-2 with a win over W&J
* Behrend scored seven straight goals to start the game before giving one to the Presidents
* W&J scored three in a row but were unable to cut the lead
* Isaak Hatopp (Saline, MI/Saline) and Andre Sardaryzadeh (Murrieta, CA/Elsinore) each scored a team-high three goals for the Lions
* Hatopp registered two assists while Sardaryzdeh chipped in one
* In goal, Matt Olimski (San Diego, CA/Otay Ranch) tallied 15 saves along with two steals and three assists
* Behrend fell to La Salle in game two of the Mercyhurst Invite, 16-12
* Out of the gates, the Lions fell behind 3-0 before scoring their first goal for the team
* Behrend was able to cut the Explorers lead to two by the end of the first half
* Jeffery Eliott (San Antonio, TX/Brandeis) led the offensive push with four goals followed by Austin Hoff (Lake Forest, CA/El Toro) and Hatopp with two a piece
* Four Lions contributed with one goal each
* Olimski registered five saves in goal along with Alijah Santangelo (Perkasie, PA/Pennridge) tallying one
* Penn State Behrend will compete in the Connecticut College Invite on Saturday. The Lions play Connecticut College at 9 a.m. and MIT at 5:30 p.m.