WASHINGTON, Pa. - The Penn State Behrend men's water polo team took down Washington & Jefferson in game one of the DIII Eastern Championship before falling to MIT in game two.
Penn State Behrend 13, Washington & Jefferson 9
MIT 20, Penn State Behrend 5
* The Lions took down the Presidents 13-9 in the first game of the DIII Eastern Championship
* Greg Kinzler (Kiski, PA/Agora Charter Cyber School) led the team with four goals, scoring one in the first, two in the third, and one in the fourth
* Isaak Hatopp (Saline, MI/Saline) and Justin Brown (Healdsburg, CA/Cardinal Newman) each contributed two goals to the win
* The game continued to go back and forth before the Lions took a three goal lead in the third period
* Washington & Jefferson had a chance to come back when they came between one goal in the beginning of the fourth but were unable to capitalize
* Behrend fell to MIT 20-5 in game tow of the DIII Eastern Championships
* The Lions fell behind 6-0 in the beginning of the second quarter and were unable to come back
* Dario Gonzalez (Hanford, CA/Hanford West) and Austin Hoff (Lake Forest, CA/El Toro) both led the team with two goals
* Hatopp chipped in one goal for Behrend
* Penn State Behrend will compete in day two of the DIII Eastern Championships tomorrow at 10:30 a.m.