WESTMINSTER, Pa. - The Penn State Behrend men's and women's cross country teams ran at the Fischer Invite on Friday August 31 hosted by Westminster (Pa.) College to kickoff the 2018 season. Both the men and women placed third in their respective races.
Women's Race Results
* Penn State Behrend placed third overall on Friday night.
* Sophomore Savanna Carr (Franklin, PA/Franklin Area) led the entire field with a first place finish in the race on Friday with an overall time of 23:40.66.
Penn State Behrend Women's Results
* Savanna Carr (1st overall) - 23:40.66
* Riley Crissman (5th overall) - 24:17.26
* Jenna Shelton (14th overall) - 25:49.32
* Hanna Drozynski (25th overall) - 26:37.86
* Kelley Giles (32nd overall) - 26:58.29
* Courtney Sargent (44th overall) - 27:39.61
* Caitlin Plazony (46th overall) - 17:49.93
* Suraihyah Sule (48th overall) - 28:05.47
* Erica Koenig (56th overall) - 28:34.87
* Jessie Johnson (65th overall) - 29:00.27
* Hannah Brougher (83rd overall) - 32:15.87
* Mandy Romano (100th overall) - 37:13.46
Men's Race Results
* Penn State Behrend placed third overall on Friday behind Franciscan and Washingotn and Jefferson.
* Zach Wortman (St. Mary's, PA/Elk County Catholic) placed seventh overall with a time of 27:06.19 to lead PSB.
Penn State Behrend Men's Results
* Zach Wortman (7th overall) - 27:06.19
* Chris Drozynski (12th overall) - 27:25.97
* Zachary Tingley (14th overall) - 27:44.71
* Mark Bierly (19th overall) - 28:14.42
* Michael Cross (27th overall) - 28:49.97
* Timothy Wheeler (29th overall) 28:54.30
* Colton Barger (31st overall) - 29:15.58
* Jake Lehotsky (40th overall) - 30:06.22
* Nick Post (42nd overall) - 30:08.29
* Cole Pollock (48th overall) - 30:23.59
* Kurt Brautigam (55th overall) - 31:55.80
* Jeremy Kunco (56th overall) - 31:56.47
* John Anderson ( 61st overall) - 32.43.74
* Both the men's and women's cross country teams will be back in action on Friday September 14 when the Behrend Lions host the Behrend Invitational.