ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend softball team will travel to Pittsburgh, PA to face Carnegie Mellon on Tuesday for a non-conference doubleheader at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Schedule of Events/ Coverage
Tuesday, March 26
Penn State Behrend vs. Carnegie Mellon, 3 p.m.
Penn State Behrend vs. Carnegie Mellon, 5 p.m.
Penn State Behrend News & Notes
* The Lions are coming into the game with a 6-6 overall record
* Behrend most recently fell to Christopher Newport in a doubleheader on March 16, 11-1 and 13-5
* AJ Nichols (Pittsburgh, PA/Shaler) finished the day with two runs, three hits, and one RBI
* Mackenzie McIntire (Stoneboro, PA/Lakeview) led the team in the second game of the day with three RBI's along with one hit and one run
* Nichols is leading the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) in RBI's with 14 along with being tied for first in wins on the pitching end with four
Carnegie Mellon News & Notes
* The Tartans are beginning their inaugural softball season in 2019
* The team attended spring break in Orlando, FL, coming out with a 4-6 overall record
* Carnegie Mellon recorded its first program win against Arcadia, winning 4-1 on March 11
* The Tartans capitalized off of the Knight's seven errors to get the victory
* Last week, Scotty McGee was named the University Athletic Association (UAA) Pitcher of the Week for her five-inning no-hit shutout which included nine strikeouts
* Piper Johnson was also named the UAA Hitter of the Week for her offensive effort that included a .545 batting average and two home runs
* This will be the first meeting in program history for the Lions and Tartans
* Carnegie Mellon is beginning their first season for the softball program