ERIE, Pa. - The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team will open the 2018-19 season at home against Fredonia on Friday, November 16, in the first game of the Behrend Tip-Off Tournament. The game is scheduled to begin at 6 pm in the Junker Center. Waynesburg and Mt. Union are the two other teams competing in this year's tournament.
Behrend News & Notes
* Penn State Behrend was picked to finish fourth in the Allegheny Mountain Collegaite Conference this season in a preseason coaches poll released earlier this month.
* Last year, Behrend compiled a record of 13-14, 10-8 AMCC. PSB advanced to the AMCC Semifinals.
* Head Coach Christine VanHook enters her fifth season at the helm of the women's basketball program.
* Behrend will have a young team this season and will be led by returners Ally Dillman (7.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg), Nicole Boyer (6.6 ppg, 4.3 rpg) and Kourtney Beamesderfer (7.3 rpg, 4.1 rpg).
Fredonia News & Notes
* Friday's game will also be the season opener for the Blue Devils.
* Fredonia is a member of the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC).
* The Blue Devils posted a record of 9-16, 7-11 SUNYAC last year.
* Penn State Behrend leads the all-time series with the Blue Devils 21-13.
* Fredonia has won the past four matchups against the Behrend Lions.
* Last season Fredonia defeated Behrend 65-57.