ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team defeated the Penn State Altoona Lions in the first round of the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) playoffs on Thursday.
Score: Penn State Behrend 67, Penn State Altoona 60
Records: Penn State Behrend (11-15, 8-10 AMCC), Penn State Altoona (12-13, 10-8 AMCC)
* The Lions came back from a 13 point deficit in the first half to take down Altoona to advance to the AMCC semifinal round
* Behrend was outscored 17-8 in the first quarter, having a total of 10 turnovers in the first half
* The Lions began to come back in the second quarter, led by Alanna Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) who had six points including two back-to-back shots to cut the lead
* Behrend had a huge fourth quarter with a team effort scoring 25 points to take the lead and bury Altoona
* The Lions offense was led by freshman Kara Haslett (Baden, PA/Ambridge) who had 18 points
* Dibble registered her seventh double-double of the season scoring 16 points and pulling in 11 rebounds
* Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) finished with 12 points and Ashley Seamon (West Allegheny, PA/West Allegheny) with 11 for a balanced team effort
* Penn State Altoona was led by Paige Burk with 16 points
* The Behrend Lions will return on Saturday for the semifinal round of the AMCC Tournament to take on #1 La Roche. Game time is 12 p.m.