GREENSBURG, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team took down Pitt-Greensburg 66-62 in an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference matchup.
Final Score: Behrend 66, Pitt-Greensburg 62
Records: Behrend (5-2, 3-0 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (3-4, 1-1 AMCC)
* The Lions were behind 14-8 after the first period when the Bobcats had a 9-2 run
* Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) led the Lions with 11 points in the second quarter, helping Behrend to out score Pitt-Greenburg 21-18 in the period
* The Lions were down 47-41 after three
* The Bobcats led 51-44 with eight minutes remaining in the game
* Kara Haslett (Baden, PA/Ambridge) cut the lead to three with a clutch three-pointer and two foul shots with five minutes left
* Behrend eventually took a lead with 12 seconds left off of foul shots, a lead Pitt-Greensburg was unable to overcome
* Carnuche led the team with 23 points while Ashley Seamon (West Allegheny, PA/West Allegheny) followed with 19
* Behrend will travel to D'Youville on Wednesday for an AMCC contest beginning at 8 p.m.