WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. – Sophomore Jake Paulson (Erie, PA/McDowell) becomes the first Penn State Behrend wrestler to advance to the 2019 NCAA Division III Championships after placing third at the Southeast Regionals held at Lycoming College on Saturday.
* Paulson won five straight matches to place third overall and qualify for the NCAA Championships
* The sophomore got hot after falling in his first match of the tournament
* Paulson took down No. 1 seed Isaac Morales (Johns Hopkins) 11-2 in the third-place bout. He was down 3-0 after the first, before exploding for eight points in the third to earn the major decision
* He started the day with a 10-3 decision over Daniel Ebert of Gettysburg. Paulson never trailed, leading 4-2 after the second period and then added six more points in the third to advance
* Paulson avenged a loss to Francis Krauss of York in last year's NCAA Regional in his next bout. He battled back from a 4-1 deficit, using two takedowns in the third period with the second coming with 12 seconds left to pull out the win 6-5 and put himself in the third-place bout
184: Jake Paulson (PSB) dec. Daniel Ebert (GET), 10-3; Paulson (PSB) dec. Francis Krauss (YORK), 6-5; Paulson major decision Isaac Morales (JHU), 11-2
* Behrend returns to action on Friday, March 9 at the 2019 NCAA Division III Championships held at Ferrum College in Ferrum, Virgina.