ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend swimming and diving team welcomes Penn State Altoona in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday at 1 p.m. in the Junker Center.
Penn State Behrend News & Notes
* Saturday is senior day for the Lions
* Behrend is coming off a win against Pitt-Bradford for both the men and the women
* The women won by a score of 69-21 while the men won 101-47
* The women won five out of seven events and the men won seven out of 11
* Justin Heller (Franklin, PA/Rocky Grove), Charlie Nesbit (Grove City, PA/Grove City), Jacob Schmidt (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) and James Connolly (Allentown, PA/Parkland) won the 400 medley relay for 11 points (3:50.89)
* Barbie Cessar (Slippery Rock, PA/Slippery Rock), Abigail Witmer (Herndon, VA/Herndon), Marcella Puglia (Beaver Falls, PA/Blackhawk),and Jessica Wyckoff (Elma, NY/Iroquois) won the 400 medley relay with a time of 4:24.84.
Penn State Altoona News & Notes
* The Lions women's roster features four swimmers and the men have eight
* Hannah Kimmick won the AMCC Swimmer of the Week last week for her two wins against Wells College and four first place wins in a meet against Gallaudet
* On the men's side, Tanner Yaw was also selected for AMCC Swimmer of the Week for a total of five first place wins throughout the week
* Altoona is on a four meet winning streak for the men most recently defeating Gallaudet 152-53
* The women are coming off a loss to Gallaudet with a score of 108-67