GAMBIER, Ohio – The Penn State Behrend women's swimming and diving team finished seventh out of 13 teams with final score of 479 at the three-day Oberlin Invitational, concluding on Sunday evening.
* The Lions edged Chatham by four points for seventh overall
* Marcella Puglia (Beaver Falls, PA/Blackhawk) had her season-best time in the 200 freestyle, claiming seventh overall with a time of 2:00.78. Her time is also good for fifth in the program's Top 10 times
* Puglia, Trulee Stainbrook (DuBois, PA/DuBois), Lauren Barmore (Ashville, NY/Panama Central), and Madi Buckley (Huntingdon County, PA/Huntingdon) placed seventh in the final 400 freestyle relay with a time of 3:51.48
* Valerie Grimes (Farmington, PA/Uniontown) and Danielle Rios (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico/Sagrados Corazones) each had a personal-best time on the night
* Grimes in the 400 IM (5:10.73) and Rios in the 200 breaststroke (2:48.59)
* The Lions return to action on Saturday, December 7 at Penn State Altoona. The AMCC meet begins at 1 p.m.