ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's tennis team won their first match of the season, defeating Pitt-Greensburg 8-1 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday.
Score: Penn State Behrend 8, Pitt-Greensburg 1
Records: Penn State Behrend (1-2, 1-1 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (0-3, 0-1 AMCC)
* The Lions won all six singles matches and two out of the three doubles for the win
* Marissa Bowles (South Orange, NJ/Columbia) and Jada Donatien (Brooklyn, NY/Fairview (PA)) led Behrend at No. 1 doubles with an 8-3 victory
* Rachel Weber (Hampton, PA/Hampton) and Hadley Howell (Harborcreek, PA/Harbor Creek) then managed an 8-1 win at No. 2 doubles to put Behrend ahead 2-1 heading into singles play
* Weber and Emily Hood (Pittsburgh, PA/North Hills) posted their second straight singles win at the No. 4 and No. 6 spot, respectively
* Weber managed a 6-3, 6-1 score and Hood recorded a 6-2, 6-1 victory
* Bowles and Donatien and Howell were double winners on the day
* Bowles led at No.1 singles, posting a 6-4, 6-4 decision, while Donatien followed with a 6-2, 6-3 victory at No. 2
* Howell gave up two set points for a 6-2, 6-0 win at No. 3 singles
* Alyson Edwards (Jamestown, NY/Jamestown) tallied the final singles win at No. 5 (6-1, 6-1)
* The Lions return to action on Saturday at home against Medaille. The AMCC match begins at 1 p.m.