ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's indoor track & field programs return to action this weekend at the SPIRE Institute in Geneva, Ohio for the 2019 Midwest Track and Field Open.
Behrend News & Notes
* The Lions return to the track after a brief hiatus
* Behrend's last competition was the Mt. Union Toy Drive Collegiate Invitational on December 1
* Senior Jenna Shelton (Cabot, PA/Knoch) was first in the 3000m run with a winning time of 11:02.01 and junior Riley Crissman (Bradford, PA/Bradford) was second with a time of 11:07.96
* Sophomore Kelley Giles (North Huntingdon, PA/Norwin) and freshman Hanna Drozynski (Stoneboro, PA/Lakeview) went first and second in the mile, respectively, with times of 5:54.98 and 6:02.89
* Senior Haley Yenchik (Cecil, PA/Canon McMillan) had the third-best height in the pole vault (11-03.75)