ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team registered their sixth straight Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) win with a 3-2 victory over La Roche on Saturday afternoon.
Final Score: Behrend 3, La Roche 2 (22-25, 25-10, 25-17, 22-25, 15-5)
Records: Penn State Behrend (12-10, 6-0 AMCC), La Roche (4-11, 2-5 AMCC)
* The Behrend Lions remain undefeated in AMCC action with a five-set thriller
* The Lions had a combined five errors in the three sets they won
* Sophomore Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) and Keely Hering (North East, PA/North East) each had a double-double
* Hering posted 17 digs and 16 kills, while Reiland added 15 kills and 11 digs
* Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) had a match-high 33 digs and Dani Kosslow (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) dished out 45 assists
* La Roche jumped out to a 6-1 advantage in the first set and never trailed to take a 1-0 lead in the match
* Behrend returned the favor and never trailed in the second set. The Lions won the first nine out of 10 points, winning the set on a pair of blocks by Alex Parra (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) and a kill from Reiland
*The third set had nine ties and three lead changes. Tied at 15-all, Behrend went on a 10-2 run finishing with an ace by Kosslow for a 2-1 lead
* The Redhawks fought back from a five-point deficit in the fourth to even the match with a 25-22 win
* Behrend dominated the decisive set and used three straight kills for the final points thanks to Hering, Reiland and Kosslow
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Tuesday against the defending AMCC Champions Pitt-Bradford. Match time is set for 7 p.m.