ERIE, Pa. – The winning streak continues for the Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action, defeating Mt. Aloysius 3-0 on Senior Day at the Junker Center on Saturday.
Final Score: Behrend 3, Mt. Aloysius 0 (25-20, 25-18, 25-21)
Records: Penn State Behrend (14-10, 8-0 AMCC), Mt. Aloysius (17-7, 7-2 AMCC)
* With the win, the Behrend Lions remain in first place in the AMCC and are in the driver's seat for the upcoming playoffs
* The Lions had three players hit over .350 for the match, led by Emily Archer (Butler, PA/Butler) with 10 kills and one error on 22 attempts for a .409 attack percentage
* Two straight kills by Alex Parra (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) in the first set gave Behrend its largest lead at 18-12, before consecutive aces by Dani Kosslow (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) got the Lions to set point
* Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) made her second kill the final point for a 25-20 win and a 1-0 lead
* Behrend never trailed in the second set. Reiland led in the second set with six kills on 15 attempts, once again getting the final point at 25-18
* The Lions hit .359 in the third set with Keely Hering (North East, PA/North East) went 7-for-9 and got the final point on a kill for match victory
* Reiland and Hering each recorded 12 kills on the day
* Parra has seven kills, two digs and two blocks on senior day
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Wednesday at Alfred State. Match begins at 7 p.m.