ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team took back the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) title they last won in 2017 with a 3-0 sweep over Pitt-Bradford on Sunday afternoon in the Junker Center.
Final Score: Behrend 3, Pitt-Bradford 0 (25-23, 25-16, 25-21)
Records: Penn State Behrend (19-10), Pitt-Bradford (18-13)
* The Behrend Lions won their fifth overall AMCC Championship with their second 3-0 win over the Panthers this season
* The win marks the second conference championship in three years for Behrend
* The first set established a championship tone with 15 ties and eight lead changes
* Down 23-22 in the pivotal first set, Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) knocked down her sixth kill to even the score at 23-all
* Keely Hering (North East, PA/North East) won the next two points on services aces to help the Lions rally back to win 25-23 and take momentum into the second set
* The Lions grabbed a 10-point lead in the second set at 23-13 and closed out the set on an Alex Parra (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) on a kill off a pass from Dani Kosslow (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park)
* Reiland tallied five kills and eight digs in the third set, while Parra led with seven kills to bring the championship back to Behrend with a 3-0 win
* Reiland finished with a double double (15 kills, 15 digs) and Parra had double-digit kills at 11
* Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) posted 20 digs and Dani Kosslow (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) distributed 33 assists on the team's 43 kills
* The Lions earn the AMCC's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament
* Reiland and Parra were named to the All-Tournament Team
* The Behrend Lions will await the results of the NCAA Division III Selection Show on Monday at 12:30 p.m.