ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's soccer team scored early and often and cruised past visiting Pitt-Greensburg on Saturday afternoon. The Behrend Lions defeated the Bobcats by a final score of 4-0 to improve to 2-0-1 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference action.
Score: Penn State Behrend 4, Pitt-Greensburg 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (6-2-2, 2-0-1 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (3-6-1, 1-2-0 AMCC)
* Senior Dakota Lange (Apollo, PA/Kiski Area) got the scoring started for the Behrend Lions in the 7th minute with his third goal of the season. Lange managed to win a wrestling match in the box and slip his shot past Pitt-Greensburg's Reese Laurell to give PSB an early 1-0 lead.
* Less than two minutes later Andrew Mastovich (Murrysville, PA/Franklin Regional) took advantage of a bad clear-out by the Bobcats and fired a shot into the back of the net. Mastovich's first goal of 2018 put the Behrend Lions up 2-0.
* The Behrend Lions added a third goal in the 32nd minute. Freshman Tyler Opferman (McMurray, PA/Peters Township) scored his first career goal. Junior Aaron Harris (Washington, PA/McGuffey) tallied an assist on Opferman's goal.
* Penn State Behrend struck for goal again just three and a half minutes later as Ryan Segar's (Athens, PA/Athens Area) header put PSB in front 4-0.
* Penn State Behrend outshot Pitt-Greensburg 12-1 in the first half and 22-3 for the game.
* Three Behrend goalkeepers combined for a clean sheet. Senior goalie Chris Ralph (Murrysville, PA/Franklin Regional) made the lone save of the game for PSB and improved to 6-2-2 in between the posts.
* For Pitt-Greensburg, goalie Reese Laurell made nine saves.
* Penn State Behrend will host No. 13 Carnegie Mellon on Tuesday October 2 at 7 p.m.