ERIE, Pa. – Penn State Behrend used a fast start yesterday and held on late to top Lycoming College 1-0 in the first round of the NCAA Division III Men's Soccer Tournament.
Behrend will take on a familiar foe in host John Carroll University tonight at 7 p.m. at Don Shula Stadium in University Heights, Ohio. Behrend and JCU met previously on September 7 in Erie, with the Behrend Lions earning a 2-0 shutout victory.
Penn State Behrend News & Notes:
* Penn State Behrend defeated Lycoming College 1-0 in the NCAA First Round on Saturday, November 10.
* Last night's win was the third-ever win for PSB in the NCAA Tournament and the program's first NCAA Tournament win since 2011.
* Logan Brinsky scored just four minutes into last night's contest and Behrend's stingy defense held on late to secure the victory. He now leads Behrend with nine goals.
* Penn State Behrend stands 15-3-2 on the year and the Behrend Lions have a nine-game win streak heading into tonight's contest.
John Carroll News & Notes:
* The host Blue Streaks, members of the Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC), defeated Penn State Abington 4-0 in first round action last night, scoring three goals in the second half.
* Mikey Burrington scored a pair of second half goals in the John Carroll's win last night. Burringont leads JCU with seven goals this year. Chad Kanakkanatt and Lawrence Cersosimo also tallied a goal in last night's win.
* John Carroll stands 14-4-2 on the season and they are 9-1-2 at home.
* John Carroll leads the all-time series 4-5-2.
* Penn State Behrend has won two of the last three including a 2-0 win earlier this year in Erie.