ERIE, Pa. – The No. 10 Penn State Behrend men's soccer team scored a season-high seven goals to defeat Penn State Altoona in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday afternoon.
Score: No. 10 Penn State Behrend 7, Penn State Altoona 1
Records: No. 10 Penn State Behrend (12-1, 4-1 AMCC), Penn State Altoona (5-9-1, 3-3 AMCC)
* After surrendering the first goal of the game in the 5th minute, the Lions scored seven unanswered goals
* Behrend improves to 7-0 when playing at home
* The Lions tallied four goals in the first half on their first six shots of the game
* Richard Blanchard (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) netted his first collegiate hat trick for the Lions
* Blanchard scored the first two goals, including the eventual game winner just over 10 minutes apart
* The first goal was off a direct kick six-yards out due to a hand ball in the box
* Blanchard then put the Lions ahead for good off a pass from Aaron Harris (Washington, PA/McGuffey) in the 23rd minute
* Matthew Romesberg (Hollsopple, PA/North Star) had his second three-point game of his career with a goal and an assist on the day
* Chase Stevenson (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) scored his first collegiate goal in the 75th minute, while Nick Schwarzel (South Park, PA/South Park) tallied his fourth goal of the season and third on penalty kick
* Berhend returns to action on Tuesday at Pitt-Bradford. Game time is 2 p.m.