ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's tennis team will compete in back-to-back Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) matches over the weekend, beginning on Saturday on the road at Mt. Aloysius before heading to Penn State Altoona on Sunday.
Saturday, March 23 – Behrend at Mt. Aloysius, 1 p.m.
Sunday, March 24 - Behrend at Penn State Altoona, 1 p.m.
Behrend News & Notes:
* The Lions are looking to get back in their winning ways after six straight losses
* Behrend recently fell to non-conference Houghton, 9-0, on Tuesday
* Against the Highlanders, Sebastian Alba (Cochabamba, Bolivia/Cochabamba Cooperative School) and Lonny Diaz (Panama City, Panama/Colegio Episcopal) fell in a close No. 3 doubles match, 8-5
* The Lions are 3-9 overall and 1-0 in the AMCC
Mt. Aloysius News & Notes:
* The Mounties are playing in their first conference match this weekend
* Mt. Aloysius is 5-1 overall and leads the AMCC standings
* The Mounties last match was a 9-0 victory over Lycoming on March 2
Penn State Altoona News & Notes:
* The Altoona Lions are still searching for their first win of the season
* Altoona is 0-7 overall and 0-1 in the AMCC
* The Lions dropped a 6-3 decision to AMCC foe Pitt-Bradford back in October
* Altoona is set to play Washington & Jefferson on Saturday before hosting the Behrend Lions on Sunday