ALTOONA, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's tennis team won their second consecutive Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) match with a 7-2 decision over Penn State Altoona on Sunday at the Gorilla House Gym.
Score: Penn State Behrend 7, Penn State Altoona 2
Records: Behrend (5-9, 3-0 AMCC), Penn State Altoona (0-9, 0-2 AMCC)
* The Lions take over the top spot in the AMCC with their third conference win and second this weekend
* Behrend halted the Altoona Lions from collecting their first win of the season
* The Lions won two doubles and five singles matches to improve their winning streak
* Brent McFarland (Austinburg, OH/Geneva) and Mitchell May (Erie, PA/Harbor Creek) gave Behrend a 1-0 lead in doubles action with an 8-2 win at the second spot
* Lonny Diaz (Panama City, Panama/Colegio Episcopal) and Sebastian Alba (Cochabamba, Bolivia/Cochabamba Cooperative School) made it 2-1 in the match with an 8-3 decision at No. 3 doubles
* McFarland, May, and Diaz were double winners on the day, picking up a singles win
* Jimmy Lobdell (Warren, PA/Warren) got the first singles win at the No. 4 spot by a score of 6-4, 6-1
* May followed at No. 3 singles with a 6-3, 7-5 victory over Logan Kyle, before Belden Tuttle (Fairview, PA/Fairview) posted a 6-1, 6-0 win at No. 5 singles for a 5-1 lead
* McFarland then tallied a 6-4, 7-6 (8-6) victory over Jimmy Gillespie at No. 1 singles
* With the match already decided, Diaz managed a 6-1, 6-2 victory at No. 6 to finish 7-2
* The Lions return to action on Friday when they host Medaille at Westwood Racquet Club at 4 p.m.