ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's tennis team will compete in back-to-back matches over the weekend, beginning on Friday at home against Medaille before heading to Allegheny on Saturday.
Friday, March 29 – Behrend vs. Medaille, 4 p.m.
Saturday, March 30 – Behrend at Allegheny, 11 a.m.
Behrend News & Notes:
* The Lions are on top of the AMCC standings with a 3-0 record
* Behrend won a pair of conference matches over the weekend, defeating Mt. Aloysius and Penn State Altoona
* Mitchell May (Erie, PA/Harbor Creek) was named the AMCC Athlete of the Week
* May went undefeated in conference action, picked up two singles and two doubles wins for the Lions
* After this weekend, the Lions will have two conference matches remaining in the regular season
Medaille News & Notes:
* The Mavericks are one of three teams undefeated in AMCC play
* Medaille is 3-1 overall and 2-0 in conference action
* The Mavericks are coming off a 7-2 win over Pitt-Greensburg last Friday
Allegheny News & Notes:
* The Gators are 5-5 overall, recently posting a 1-4 record over spring break in Hilton Head, SC
* Allegheny had its match on Monday against Westminster postponed
* Last time out, the Gators fell 9-0 to Carleton on Friday, March 22
* Zach Anderson leads the team with a 7-4 singles record, including a 4-0 mark at the No. 6 spot