Mar 29, 2019
ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's tennis team dropped their first Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) match, falling 5-4 to Medaille on Friday night at Westwood Racquet Club.
Score: Medaille 5, Penn State Behrend 4
Records: Behrend (5-10, 3-1 AMCC), Medaille (4-1, 3-0 AMCC)
* Medaille won two doubles matches and three singles to hand the Lions their first conference loss
* Brent McFarland (Austinburg, OH/Geneva) and Mitchell May (Erie, PA/Harbor Creek) were 8-1 winners at No. 2 doubles to make it 2-1 heading into singles competition
* May, the AMCC Athlete of the Week, was the lone player to win twice for Behrend
* May defeated Matthew Burke 6-1, 7-5 at No. 4 singles
* Michael Duckett (Girard, PA/Fairview) and Belden Tuttle (Fairview, PA/Fairview) also posted singles wins
* Duckett managed a 6-2, 6-1 victory at No. 3 singles, defeating Albert Morales
* Tuttle, competing at No. 6 singles, recorded a 6-0, 6-1 win against Lachlan Beever
* The Lions return to action on tomorrow at Allegheny in Meadville, Pa. at 11 a.m.