ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's volleyball team handed Thiel its first Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) loss with a 3-2 victory on Tuesday night in the Junker Center.
Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Thiel 2 (25-22, 23-25, 25-23, 23-25, 15-13)
Records: Penn State Behrend (8-5, 4-1 AMCC), Thiel (7-9, 4-1 AMCC)
* The win marks the seventh consecutive over the Tomcats
* In the even sets, Behrend and Thiel battled to 23-all but the Tomcats managed to get the final two points in the fourth to stay alive
* The Lions darted out to a 5-0 lead in the fifth set and pushed it to a six-point advantage at 9-3
* Thiel got within one on three occasions, including 14-13 but Joey Reynolds (Saegertown, PA/Saeagertown) put away the final kill of the match to secure the win
* Seniors Tyler Herrmann (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) and Anthony Sprentz (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) each had a double-double for the Lions
* Sprentz had 39 assists and 10 digs, while Herrmann recorded 10 kills and 10 digs
* Junior Dillon Hildebrand (Red Lion, PA/Red Lion) paced Behrend with 18 kills to go with eight digs
* Sophomore JP Goodsel (Corry, PA/Corry) was the third player with double-digit kills at 14
* Freshman Cody Schnur (Butler, PA/Butler) hit a team-best .400 (7-1-15) and added a match-high seven block assists
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday for an AMCC tri-match at Geneva with Hiram. Matches begin at 10 a.m.