GREENVILLE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's volleyball team earned the No. 4 seed for the upcoming Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Tournament after a 3-2 loss to Thiel on Tuesday evening.
Score: Thiel 3, Penn State Behrend 2 (21-25, 25-20, 24-26, 25-23, 15-7)
Records: Penn State Behrend (16-12, 8-6 AMCC), Thiel (15-12, 10-4 AMCC)
* This match determined the final two seeds for the AMCC Championships hosted by No. 1 Wittenberg
* Five points or less separated the two teams in the first four sets
* Behrend won the odd matches to always be one set ahead until the decisive set
* Thiel had three players with double-digit kills led by Chance Hoffman with 18
* Junior outside hitter Dillon Hildebrand (Red Lion, PA/Red Lion) registered 17 kills and eight digs
* Tied at 21-all in the first set, the Tomcats had four attack errors to help the Lions take a 1-0 lead
* A Hildebrand kill and a bad set by Thiel got Behrend the two extra points at 26-24 to move ahead 2-1 after third set
* Senior outside hitter Tyler Herrmann (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) added 14 digs and eight kills
* The Lions return to action on Friday for the semifinals of the AMC Championships. Behrend will face No. 1 Wittenberg at 6 p.m.